We shared lots of lovely recipes from lychee, the tropical fruit with cream flesh and black seeds is so unique because of the lychee aroma or lychee flavor. Let’s make lychee juice with 4 or 5 ingredients and 10 minutes.
Lychee is also known as “litchi” or “lichee”. It comes from China with quite a hong history. You may wonder how it taste like because of the scary, bump shell. Don’t worry, inside the shell, a creamy, juicy flesh is pleasing. You peel the thin red scaly skin to reveal the white and soft juicy fruit pulp and one large black seed.
Ingredients for Lychee juice
Fresh lychee or canned ones
You can use both fresh lychee or canned ones. But you can skip syrup for canned ones because they contains more sugar.
Use filtered water for the best result
If you get some lychee syrup, adding it can denser the flavor. You can skip sweetener like syrup for a healthier option.
We tried to add some mint leaf into the juice, it brings a lovely light green color and a strong aroma of mint.
You can choose to strain the pulps or not. But removing the pulps surely enhance the texture of lychee juice.
Easy lychee juice
- 12 fresh lychee or canned ones
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp. lychee syrup or other syrup or skip
- 4 mint leaves optional
- Place fresh lychee flesh and a few fresh mint leaves in a blender.
- Add water and lychee syrup.
- Pulse the ingredients until mixed together.
- Place a strainer over your cup and pour the blender contents into your cup.
- Add some ice if you like. Otherwise, enjoy your homemade lychee juicy!